**Please contact me for international orders!
2 in stock
- pages 70-79
- 9 x 12 inches (larger format)
- 1.25 pounds weight
- Arts of Asia Magazine (March-April): Paperback, 1988
- Printed in Hong Kong
- SUBJECT LISTING: Anthropology; Visual Studies; Tattoo Technology; Art; Myanmar
- $6.99 Flat Rate shipping (*NOTE: if your total purchase is more than $79.00 shipping will auto increase to $13.98)
The most concise and important study of Burmese tattoo tools, decorative counterweights, and tattoo designs with translated names. Lavishly illustrated/photographed in black & white with historic Burmese tattoo patterns, tattoo counterweights (and their iconographic meanings), and other imagery related to the spiritual tradition of Burmese tattooing.
This issue also contains important articles on the beads of India, Iban Tuntun (beautifully carved measuring rods from tribal Borneo), The Chester Beatty Collection of snuff bottles, Hindu temple architecture in Orissa, Temples in Yunnan, etc.
* Shipping to USA addresses only. Contact me for international orders.
*Condition: Excellent. Binding solid and no marks to covers. Magazine interior is very good, firm, and sound with no marks or tears. Pages are clean and unmarked.